Clogged Drain Hose or Pump
When the drain hose or pump is clogged with debris, it cannot drain the water properly. To check if this is the problem;
- Turn off the power.
- Disconnect the drain hose or pump from the outlet.
- Check if there are any signs of kinks or clogs inside the hose or pump.
- If there is a lot of buildup in the drain hose or pump, clean the debris.
- Put everything back together.
This, however, should not worry you as Multi Appliance washer repair technicians can help you get rid of the problem in just a matter of hours.
Faulty Lid Switch
A lid switch helps detect when the lid is closed. If the GE washer does not detect that the lid is closed, it will not operate properly. To tell if the switch is faulty, do the following:
- Open the lid and see if there’s any fault with the switch.
- If there’s a wire that is disconnected, plug it back in.
- If it still does not work, call our experts in GE washer repairs to replace the lid switch for you.
Another reason why your GE washer won’t drain is that the belt has been damaged. To check if this is the problem;
- Open up the lid of your GE washer.
- Take the belt off and flip it over.
- Look for any signs of damage on the belt-like frays or cracks.
- If there’s a crack or frays, reach out to our experts in GE washer repairs to have the belt replaced.
Let Us Fix Your GE Washer Today
At Multi Appliance Repair, we offer World Class repair services to our customers and ensure that your appliance is back up and running. Contact us now to schedule an appointment with one of our experts.